Pages

KLR650 At Arches National Park

I created this slide show highlighting my recent ride through Arches National Park. I toured the park by car in 1997 and that was good. Seeing Arches again from the seat of my KLR was fantastic! The spectacular scenery was really up-close and much more alive. The rock formations and desert terrain were beautiful.

I missed the Delicate Arch on my last visit, but not this time! My KLR waited in the parking lot as I eagerly joined the pilgrimage on the 1.5 mile hike to Utah's most famous natural landmark. I loved every minute of it. Seeing and touching the arch was a perfect end to the trek. My smile at the Delicate Arch comes from correcting the 15 year old mistake of missing it in 1997.

I left Arches, knowing that I would return very soon for a longer visit. If you have never been to Arches by car, KLR, or any other bike, make plans to visit. Internet slides shows, television, or National Park DVD's do not come close to capturing the park's awe inspiring sights.