Pages

Shoei Hornet DS Helmet Review

I've spent a couple of months and several hundred miles wearing the Shoei Hornet DS in town, as well as on the highway; and I love this helmet. It is honestly the best helmet that I have owned. My list of legitimate complaints is zero, and my list of small, nit-picking complaints is also zero. Pretty much what you expect of a Shoei helmet.


The Hornet DS has been around a few years and received outstanding reviews and five star ratings from almost everyone who's worn it. Instead of repeating them, I will simply say - believe the good things you have heard. The Hornet DS is well built, quiet, and comfortable with a wide field of view. Even the paint and finish are excellent.


During a stop I attached the helmet to the KLR's helmet hook, then forgot it was there. Later on, I moved the bike ahead a few feet, while the helmet rubbed against the rear tire. The helmet came away with several black scuffs across the back.  It was my fault and I was not too pleased. But, the helmet cleaned up perfectly without a mar or scratch in the finish. Today, it looks at good as new.


The Shoei costs a bit more than a lot of other helmets, but if you are looking for a new lid, I recommend it. The Hornet DS has a well deserved reputation for great quality, comfort, and safety and for me, this helmet was worth the extra money.

Click here for my Icon Variant helmet review post

Click here for my Fly Trekker helmet review post

1 comment:

  1. Is your job as a builder's assistant keeping you from finding the finest construction hat? If that's the case, go over to Work Gearz. Their internet shop is the greatest place to get an affordable construction hat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!